Sunday, August 9, 2009

Actual movie vehicles from the G.I. Joe movie...

Summer 2009 sees another popular toy franchise made into a live-action blockbuster movie, this time it's the turn of G.I. Joe.
Actual G.I. Joe movie vehicles on display at ArcLight Hollywood
Original GI Joe movie vehicles
To celebrate the opening weekend of the film, you could find actual vehicles from the movie on display outside the ArcLight Hollywood cinema in L.A. on August 8, 2009.
'Scarab' black Hummer from G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
GI Joe Rise of Cobra movie vehicleGI Joe Cobra Scarab Hummer
GI Joe Cpbra Scarab movie vehicle
Cobra Scarab GI Joe movie vehicleCobra Scarab GI Joe movie Hummer
Parked in the courtyard outside the cinema you could find Cobra's battle-scarred 'Scarab' black Hummer which is used by 'Storm Shadow' and 'The Baroness' in the movie. 
GI Joe Cobra movie Hummer
GI Joe Cobra Scarab film vehicle
GI Joe Cobra Scarab movie Hummer
GI Joe Cobra Scarab film vehicle
The irony is not lost on me that the film's villains drive such a menacing gas-guzzling car.
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra movie billboard
GI Joe Rise of Cobra movie billboard
Also on display was the heroes G.I. Joe team 'Movano' van driven by 'Heavy Duty' and 'Breaker'
Actual 'Movano' van used in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
GI Joe movie vehicles at ArcLight Hollywood
Movano van GI Joe movie vehicle
GI Joe Movano van movie vehicle
Granted it's not as exciting to look at from the outside (especially when you consider how cool and sleek the Transformers 2 Autobot vehicles looked), but inside you can see all the high-tech screens used by the covert special forces unit. The green screens are where all the special computer effects were added in post-production.
Interior of the 'Movano' van used in the G.I. Joe movie
GI Joe movie van computer screens
Actual GI Joe Movano movie vanGI Joe Movano movie van interior
Both movie vehicles were featured in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra during a Paris chase scene.
Actual GI Joe movie vehicles
GI Joe actual movie vehicle
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra movie billboard
GI Joe movie billboard
If you like these vehicles you may also like the actual cars from the Fast & Furious movies and the famous movie cars at The Petersen Automotive Museum in L.A.

You'll also love this selection of original costumes and props from G.I. Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment