Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fantastic movie costumes and props from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra...

This wonderful selection of original costumes and props from the live-action G.I. Joe movie were on display at ArcLight Hollywood's Cinerama Dome on August 10, 2009.

Actual G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie costumes and props
Actual GI Joe movie costume and props
GI Joe movie props and body armour costume
Included in the display was the costume worn by Cobra agent and martial arts expert 'Storm Shadow', played by Byung-hun Lee in the film.

Original G.I. Joe movie 'Storm Shadow' costume
Storm Shadow costume from GI Joe movie

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Storm Shadow movie poster
GI Joe Storm Shadow movie poster

Actual 'Storm Shadow' costume displayed
at the Cinerama Dome in L.A.
GI Joe film Storm Shadow costume
GI Joe movie Storm Shadow costume

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Storm Shadow film poster
GI Joe movie Storm Shadow film poster
Ellen Mirojnick was Costume Designer on the movie and you can also see her work in Starship Troopers and The Chronicles of Riddick.

G.I. Joe movie weapon prop - Storm Shadow's sword
GI Joe movie Storm Shadow sword
GI Joe movie weapons props
In addition to the costume worn by Storm Shadow, they also had one of his swords, plus another belonging to G.I. Joe Agent 'Snake Eyes', played by Ray Park.

G.I. Joe movie weapon prop - Snake Eyes sword
Snake Eyes sword and GI Joe movie props

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Snake Eyes movie poster
Snake Eyes GI Joe film poster
Other weapons from the movie on display included grenades, guns and the signature crossbow weapon used by G.I. Joe Agent 'Scarlett', played by Rachel Nichols.

G.I. Joe movie weapon prop - Agent Scarlett's crossbow
GI Joe movie weapons
Original GI Joe film weapon props
Also featured in these pictures in front of the white sword and to the left of Scarlett's crossbow is the disarming mechanism for the Nano-mite warheads.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Agent Scarlett movie poster
GI Joe movie Scarlett poster
Next up are the weapons that the G.I. Joe covert special operations team spend most of their time trying to protect, reclaim or destroy, the Nano-mite warheads.

G.I. Joe movie weapon prop - Nano-mite warheads
GI Joe movie props Nano-mite warheadsGI Joe movie props nano-mite warheads
The other costume on display at the Cinerama Dome was one of the combat suits worn by the film's heroes. It is the battle uniform worn by the likes of Duke (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) in the movie.

G.I. Joe movie protective body suit
Body armour suit from GI Joe movieGI Joe movie costume

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Duke movie poster
GI Joe Duke movie poster

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Ripcord movie poster
Ripcord GI Joe movie poster

Actual G.I. Joe movie costume
GI Joe movie combat suit
GI Joe film costume

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Duke movie poster
GI Joe Duke movie poster

Original G.I. Joe movie masks and helmets
GI Joe movie McCullen ancestor mask prop
Next is a selection of original masks and helmets used in the movie, including the mask (which when it was red hot) used to disfigure the face of James McCullen's Scottish ancestor in the past.
GI Joe film masks and weapon props
Other masks include those worn by the evil Cobra Neo-Viper troopers.
Neo-Viper Cobra trooper mask from the GI Joe movie
Including a mask with one of Snake Eye's throwing stars embedded in its visor (which you see as part of the action in the Cobra ocean base under the Arctic in the movie).
GI Joe movie Neo-Viper helmet
GI Joe movie original props
Finally here are a collection of various other actual props used in the movie based on Hasbro's military toy franchise - guns, hand-scanners, masks, swords and warheads.

Original G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra weapons and props
GI Joe film weapons and masks
GI Joe movie Cobra props
If you like this array of outfits and props you'll also love pictures of actual movie vehicles from the G.I. Joe movie.

4 comments:

  1. Great site ! You are definitely increasing the interest in Hollywood Movie Costumes. Your displays are very impressive. Keep up the good work. I will check in often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I have info about shop-online (link) to purchase some GI Joe Costumes, thank you
    German
    germanlp@gmx.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if any of the props and costumes are for sale, but a good place to check may be: http://www.originalprop.com

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you
    German
    germanlp@gmx.net

    ReplyDelete